- Multi-purposed flour 750gr* (here we use "Kunci" brand)..for better result use only low protein flour.
- Corn flour/ Maizena 100gr*
- Butter/ Margarine 500gr
- Egg yolks 5
- Shredded Edam Cheese 400 or 500 gr
- Salt 2tsp
- * Mix well no.1 and 2
- Some scrambled-egg yolks for finishing.
How to do :
- Beat the butter/ margarine plus salt with electric mixer until soft. Do NOT too long to beat as remember u are making cookies! NOT a CAKE!
- Add the egg yolks one in a time, beat well with electric mixer for about 5-7 minutes only.
- Then put the flour (No.7), and the shredded edam cheese in turns, stir the dough well with rubber spatula. (This part is the tiring one as the dough become heavier) :)
- Roll the dough and shape it according to taste with cookie cutter.
- Spread some egg yolks on top of each cookies for finishing and garnish it with shredded cheese if you like. (it is okay if without garnish ).
- Bake into preheat oven 150C-160C until golden brown.
- Take out from oven and immediately let them cool in cooling rack.
- Store your kaastengels cookies in air-tight container.