Nastar itself is originally hereditary recipe from Dutch colony in Indonesia. Mostly people dont know about this....so i am going to tell a bit about history of NASTAR :) . This cookie made during dutch colony in Indonesia. Indonesian called it as Nastar as the main ingredient of this cookie is ananas (means pineapple in Dutch) or nanas (means pineapple in Indonesian language). And the word "Tar" came from word "Tart" which means cake or kue in Indonesian language. The word Kue is usually used for all kind of baking products. So they call it as NASTAR (ananas tart) means kue nanas or if we translate to English it means Pineapple cookie.
Hope this recipe can help all my readers in making a yummmyyyyyy Nastar ;)
Happy baking all!
50g Confectioners' sugar
2 egg yolks
300g all purpose flour
50g milk powder
Pineapple jam for filling
3egg yolks for egg glaze
How to make:
2. Add in egg yolk one at a time, and beat until fluffy for about 3minutes.
3. Mix in flour and milk powder little by little, mix till become a firm and non-stick dough, mix it well with rubber/wooded spatula until become dough.
4. Weight the dough for about 8gram each and shape it round, make a hole in the middle. Place the pineapple jam filling into the hole and brush with egg-glaze.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 20minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool on wire racks before storing.