For the caramel
- 225 grams granulated sugar
- 01 cup hot water or about 100-200 ml
For the pudding
- 900 ml milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash vanilla essence
- Heat the sugar in a pot (do not add any water or oil or what so ever, just the sugar). Place it over low heat until brown and slowly add hot water (half a cup, until sugar is dissolve but not too watery). Place it aside.
- Warm up the milk. Make sure its not too hot. Put in a pinch of salt and 4 table spoon of granulated fine sugar. Make sure sugar dissolve. Place it aside.
- Beat 12 egg yolks until smooth and put in a dash (1 tea spoon) of Vanilla Essence. Mix your egg yolks with the milk.
- Place the caramel at the bottom of your bowls. Then place the mixture of the milk and egg yolks slowly.
- Prepare a tray with little bit of water and place you bowls in the tray. Bake for about 30-40minutes in 150C. (You also may steam your caramel puddings with a steamer but I prefer to bake them). :)