- Egg Yolks 10
- Sugar 100 gram
- Multi-Purpose Flour 3tbs
- Milk/Coconut milk 400ml
- Young coconut meat* from 4shells of young coconuts
- Kenari or knows as java almond 125gram
- Some raisins as desire
- Salt to taste
- Vanila extract 1tsp
- Beaten egg yolk
How To Make:
- Beat well egg yolks + sugar + vanilla extract with whisk in medium bowl until soft.
- Add the flour per tablespoon, mix well.
- Add the milk/ coconut milk, mix well then add salt to taste.
- Remove the dough into one medium pan and heat it with medium flame on the stove, keep steering the dough for about 1minute.
- Then add the young coconut meats + kenari , mix well while keep steering until the dough become thick. You may taste the flavor, add some more salt or more vanilla extract if needed. In this step...u may also add some rum.
- After the dough become thick, turn off the stove then remove the dough into a glass bakeware sush as pyrex or into aluminum foil pan (20cm X 20cm).
- Garnish with some raisins and kenari/java almonds and with some beaten egg yolks.
- Bake it for 40-50minutes in 150C.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool....your KLAAPERTART is ready to serve.
*The meat in a green young coconut is softer and more gelatinous than that in a mature coconut.