Today I bumped into one blog for butter cake. Since I had all the ingredients in my kitchen, spontaneous I made the cake. The result ..the cake was extremely buttery and lil bit sweet, but taste yummy especially if there is a cup of coffee/ warm tea then you will enjoy it more and more :-). So I modified the recipe for my blogger reader(s) . Give the recipe a try! :-)
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g plain flour/all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
170g-180g castor sugar
½ tsp salt
3 tablespoons fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup raisin
How To Make:1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease the pan with some butter.
3. Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
4. Use an electronic cake-mixer to mix butter and sugar until well combined, about 3-5minutes. (Note: Sugar has not dissolved yet).
5. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. (about 3-4minutes).
6. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
7. Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
8. Finally, add in the milk and fold in the raisins. Mix well.
9. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan.
10. Bake about 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
11. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Enjoy the cake now!